Important Update: 7th September

Due to the Government’s ongoing Covid-19 Alert Level restrictions, we regret to advise that the 2020 Miles Continental Le Race has been forced to cancel.

New Zealand is still at Alert Level 2 until at least September 16. Criteria around Alert Level 2 means the event is not allowed to go ahead. With no clear indication as to when Level 2 may be lifted to Level 1, and with the next review not expected until three days before the event, we have been forced to cancel and all entry fees will be rolled over to the March 2021 event.

It is especially disappointing, I know - all those hours and hours and hours of training for the second time to be pulled out from you. Trust me this decision has not been an easy one.

All current entrants will be rolled over to the 20th March 2021 event. This will include bus transport. As per the terms and conditions of your entry, fees are normally non-refundable. But we are rolling them over to 2021 as a goodwill gesture. Information on your 2021 entry will follow early 2021. 

In answer to the obvious question; we are beyond being able to postpone 2020 yet again. This event is our second Covid-19 cancellation/postponement for 2020. In such uncertain times there is too much involved in continually re-scheduling venues, road closures, sponsors and hundreds of volunteers. Especially, as we now know, when there are no guarantees that Covid-19 restrictions would not still be in play.

Normally by this time of year we are in planning for the year ahead, so our focus now is on the future and making sure that Le Race lives to be run another day.

While the situation we all find ourselves in is no one’s fault, we must thank entrants for their patience in these unique times, and for the myriad of emails and messages we have received in support of what we do. 

Thanks too for the ongoing support from sponsors, stakeholders, service providers and our own 200-strong crew. Despite their own Covid-19 woes, every single one of these organisations have all been right behind our efforts to try and get Miles Continental Le Race to the start line.

In the meantime, the only way to get life and events back to some sort of normal – whatever that may be – is to individually and collectively stay on top of our Covid-19 measures. For definitive Covid-19 information and updates refer to the Ministry of Health website.

Many thanks

Sheree Stevens – Race Owner and Manager

PRICING

NZ's taste of French Cycling

  • SOLO - Individual - $115  (Late $140)
  • TANDEM - $160 (Late $210)
  • RELAIS 2 - Relay - $155 (Late  $205)
  • TEAM (4 man, each riding 100km solo) - $115 (Enter as SOLO $115, late $140)
  • LE RACE PETITE - Individual - $80 (Late $95, min age 17)
  • PETITE YOUTH two for the price of one - $80. Sign up a friend and get it for $40 each  (Late fee's to come, so get in quick !)

All fees are in NZD : See more on the pricing page

LATEST UPDATES

IMPORTANT UPDATE: 7TH SEPTEMBER 2020

Due to the Government’s ongoing Covid-19 Alert Level restrictions, we regret to advise that the 2020 Miles Continental L...

New Bike Safety Check Venue

Compulsory bike safety check information

Le Race Ready workshops

Le Race Ready workshops coming soon !

LE RACE NAMING SPONSOR